Words From a Wise King

"King Solomon in Old Age" by Gustav Dore

Well, here we are again… Time to unleash yet another single into this world. 

At the time when I wrote this song, I didn’t realise how much it was inspired by book of Ecclesiastes, both in concept and in the actual expressions used throughout the song.

The original version of the lyrics, which were also sung in the recording, was even written in Hebrew, the same language used by the wise king Solomon when writing this very self-reflective, philosophical book.

This song emerged from a time of struggle, confusion and pain. A lot of things were changing in my life and it felt like the world as I knew it was readily crumbling before my very eyes.

Yet If I recall well, the words for this song came out of me in a single sitting. Same was the case when writing the music. Was the spirit of the wise king speaking to me, guiding me toward his ideas, so I shall learn the insights he has gleaned from his mistakes?

Was this encounter also the beginning of my journey as a seeker of the life which cuts through life?

Gods and benevolent spirits of Heroes and Kings, I hope you are looking upon us now with approval and kindness, ready to guide us on our path.

Here is my very loose English translation of the lyrics:

“Lo Mutar Ha’adam” (Chasing the Wind)


For that which befalleth the sons of men,

Is worse than the fates of the vermin.

They were cursed by a mind,

Which to sorrow will open their eyes.

 

And in sorrow they walk,

On a fair hidden garth,

Which fades from their eyes,

As a dream-world by dawn

 

And at length they will pass

To the hand which embraces

Its fruit grants first breath

To its wretched first born

 

Who emerged from the flesh

which has tired sorrow

Impaled on the spears

of an accursed tree’s roots

 

Of him, who has wearied

of chasing the wind

And his hands - crimson red

From the chaos he wrought

 

(Written by N.Khaos in July 2008 – Loose translation by N.Khaos on December 1, 2023)


And the link to the official videoclip on my blog:

https://thekhaosproject.blogspot.com/2023/12/khaos-lo-mutar-haadam-official-video.html

No comments:

Post a Comment