The Path of Heresy Will Go On...

Hey renegades, it's memorabilia Monday (yes, it's a thing).

While I was digging for the last copy of my "Rhyme of the Plague" demo, I also found these:


A gig flyer for Black Metal Blasphemy 2013, where I had the honor of playing my music as a guest performer for
Kutná Hora, and the setlist I shared with them.

One of the songs we did was the original version of the single I released last week.

That was the first time I performed my songs live.

I remember the preparations, watching old live gig footages of classic Black Metal acts for inspiration.

And then at the rehearsals, I remember a sense of summoning something from within me, something which was me but at the same time greater than my "self".

These moments felt more like a powerful ritual than a mere rehearsal.

In those moments, it was clear to me that this art that we practice holds a power capable of affecting man at the very core of his being.

It was truly a night to remember. I fail to grasp that a decade and a bit has already passed since that night.

Anyone here been there with us?

A lot of things changed since then. The Koro is gone, and I'm not sure what has become of the rehearsal space we rented…

Are bands still printing flyers or has everything gone online?

Nevertheless, both Kutna Hora and Khaos are still here – places and people may change, but the art lives on.

Speaking of which, it seems like Kutna Hora have just made an interesting announcement: after 8 years of silence, they are  back on stage in Berlin this January.

Unfortunately, I might not be able to make it…

However, I want as many of you here to be there and support these true devotees to our black art!

January will also hopefully be the month I'll be launching my first EP with Khaos. It will certainly be an interesting month for both bands…

It is indeed a strange coincidence we've come back from the shadows at around the same time.

And although circumstances may have drastically changed, our art still walks the path of heresy against the false gods of this world, in what seems to be an artistic quest for the truly powerful and eternal.

Talk to you soon.

P.S For now, I'll leave you with some rare, oldschool footage from that memorable night at the Koro.


No comments:

Post a Comment