This is…War

Hello there,

Last Saturday, when I first posted here after several years of silence, I never imagined my country would be engulfed in a war in less than 24 hours.

For a few days now, there is a collective and undeniably crushing sense of doom in the air.

I never imagined how much relevant would the few ideas I tried to express in that first post be.

Right from the very first hours, the bloodshed and physical destruction caused by this war was horrendous beyond words. And yet, I could also see another frontier, less bloody but equally heinous due to its insidious nature. I'm talking about the frontier of spiritual\mental warfare.

This type of attack is all too real. It permeates bomb shelters, it does not differentiate civilian from soldier and if you're not careful enough, you might be accidentally directing it toward your loved ones.

The good news, however, is that in this type of war, each and every one of us can and should fight.

While the eventual death of the body can happen anytime and is unavoidable, the murder of our spirit, the very same "life which cuts through life", by fearmongering and catastrophizing is preventable and should be prevented, since fearmongering is the ultimate way to ensure our personal defeat before whatever threat stands before us, be it plague or bullets.

I do not advise anyone to throw caution to the wind or stay oblivious to whatever's being said by trusted sources.

I also understand that the feeling of fear is unavoidable. I'm experiencing it on an almost daily level.

However, its propagation is akin to propagating a plague or opening fire against your allies. I believe whoever does this for their own personal gain deserve great disdain (hello big media companies).

Incidentally enough, the theme behind the first single from my upcoming release, which I originally planned to share here during the next few weeks also relates to the "plague of the spirit" and its propagation. Given the current situation, I am seriously debating whether it should be released now or in the aftermath of what we're experiencing.

In the meantime, I deemed it worthier to share a very relevant article by Paul Waggener. Paul has been a source of inspiration for me for a couple of years. His attitude toward tougher aspects of life and his ideas as a thinker and occultist were and still are my personal sources of power during dark times. This is an article that went up on his website when COVID-19 first broke out, yet I deem the ideas presented therein relevant for any nationwide\global crisis.

To quote Paul from his article:

"There’s little you can do to have control over global events like this.

If you die, you die. (Although statistically, it is HIGHLY unlikely you will die from this).

But you can control your reaction to these events.

How you choose to approach them- not just that, but who you choose to be while they are occurring.

Do you want to be the alarmist? The fear-monger? The panicky bad-news parrot?

I’d rather be calm and collected, and let my people know that no matter what happens- it’s cool.

They can count on me, and-

even if it’s not fine…"

It’s fine".

Now go turn off the news, prepare your bomb shelter and go read Paul's article.

As a fighter in the frontiers of mind and spirit, these words are your shield and armor of defense.

Keep focused.

P.S. As said before, due to current circumstances, I have yet to decide whether to carry on with the release campaign for my first EP.

On the other hand, I do believe powerful sounds are one of the most potent weapons in mental warfare, so maybe I'll do it, but in a wholly different manner…

I'd be glad to hear your thoughts as well. DM Khaos your ideas or write them in the comments down below…

No comments:

Post a Comment