Summoning the Gods of War


I can still remember my visit to the Pergamont museum in Berlin. If you ever find yourselves in the area, please pay a visit to this exceptional place.

The colossal space seemed to literally explode with powerful, awe-inspiring pieces of monumental art, skillfully made with jaw-dropping precision of detail, in eras long before what we call advanced technology even existed.

However, when I think back about the exhibits, my mind always returns to one particular piece: a relatively simple bas-relief of a procession of Assyrian warriors, followed by a band of musicians. Though visually a less impressive exhibit among their collection, the meaning behind this work gave it a special place in my heart.

There were times in history when musicians played a significant role on the battlefield, no less significant than that of the forces engaged in physical combat operations.

When I think about that image from the Assyrian bas relief, I can imagine how these musicians gave hope and heart to their comrades on the battlefield, while instilling fear in their foes and breaking their spirit.

In this sense, the military musician's role was almost akin to that of a priest, who summons the war gods to the battlefield, so they may fight along his comrades and crush their foes.

In this day and age, I do not know the extent to which musicians play a role in the physical battlefield. However, I rest assured knowing that the battlefield of the spirit - the esoteric frontier, if you like - has an impressive army of music-men, ready to empower its warriors and rid their hearts of all fear.

Back in October when war first broke in my country, I mentioned the role of music as a powerful weapon in the mental and spiritual battlefield. Three months later, I hope to go full circle by offering my own creation to the armory.

Fellow renegades, my next single will be a song I've created a while ago, but never released on any of my platforms.

As usual, it will be released with a videoclip on my YouTube channel right here:

https://www.youtube.com/@khaosorcery

So be sure to subscribe so you won't miss a thing!

More updates will come soon.

Very soon.

Image above: Alabaster bas-relief, a procession of 2 Assyrian soldiers and 2 musicians carrying rectangular drums with drag ropes. Reign of Sennacherib, 704-681 BCE. From the sidewalls of a ramp leading up (from the Royal Palace) to the Temple of Ishtar, Nineveh, Iraq. Pergamon Museum, Berlin, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment